Most Ever Online:
Joined: Jan 24, 2005
Location: Playdium Bowling Center
|Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:31 am Post subject: 44th PBC OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS NOVEMBER 7-19, 2015
|FELLOW BOWLERS, YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!!!
THE ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO VIEW THE RULES & REGULATIONS IS TO LOG IN, BECAUSE THE FILE GIVEN TO ME IS IN PDF FILE WHICH CANNOT BE VIEW INSTANTLY!!!
SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!!!
Joined: Jan 24, 2005
Location: Playdium Bowling Center
|Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: 44th PBC OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS NOVEMBER 7-19, 2015
| 44TH PBC OPEN CHAMPIOONSHIPS
November 7 - 19, 2015 ? Sta. Lucia Bowling Center, Sta. Lucia Grand Mall, Cainta, Rizal
TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Organization: The tournament is organized by the Philippine Bowling Congress (PBC) All PBC and FIQ WTBA playing rules and regulations shall apply.
2. Eligibility: This Tournament is open to all current paid up members of PBC Affiliates and its members in good standing
3. Entry/Games Fees: All entries must be submitted with the relevant fees upon registration. If charged account, the authorization and commitment letter of the sponsoring ALBA’s duly signed by its respective authorized signatory must be submitted before playing. No refund will be allowed.
4. Averages: Only the official PBC (4th Quarter 2015) averages will be used. An entrant who has no established average prior to the cut off dates as of 1st October 2015 must use an average of 196 for men and 186 for ladies, unless duly certified by their respective Association, through its President. New bowlers without an established average with must produce written confirmation of their averages from their respective Associations. Overseas bowlers must produce written confirmation of their averages from their respective Associations/Federations/Congresses.
5. Classifications: The following divisions/classifications shall be followed:
A. For Singles/Qualifying:
Open 196 & Above 186 & Above
Graded 181 to 195 171 to 185
Associate 180 & below 170 & below
Youth Bowlers : born on Jan. 1, 1995 or after Senior Bowlers : 50 Years Old as of December 31, 2015
B. For Doubles & Team Events:
Open 391 & Above 556 & Above
Graded 361 to 390 541 to 555
Associate 360 & below 540 & below
i. Classifications for Doubles and Team events shall be mixed for both male & female divisions. Classifications, will depend on the highest individual classification of the doubles or team members. For example, a doubles/team with a Class O bowler in the line-up will be classified in the Open category.
ii. Teams (Doubles or Trios) with members of the National Team, National Youth Team and their respective pools (from 2011 to present), in their line-ups, shall AUTOMATICALLY be classified in the Open category.
6. Squad Times: If preferred squad times indicated on the entry forms are not available, the Tournament Directors or their Assistants reserve the right to reallocate squad times at their discretion. The Tournament Directors reserve the right to open additional squads. Oiling of the lanes will be done as per the published schedules.
7. Participation: Bowlers must play in their respective grades or in higher one. Bowlers from a higher grade will not be eligible to play in any of the lower class based divisions. Bowlers who already registered and played in the lower divisions and wishes to participate in the Open division, may do so without competing in the all–events again in the open grade but an additional REGISTRATION FEE of Php 500.00 is required.
8. Singles: Three (3) games per set will be bowled in this event. A bowler may try in as many attempts as he/she wishes and may win more than one prize in the Singles event in his/her class based division, in an applicable category, or in a higher class or grade. PHP 600.00 per attempt in all divisions.
9. Doubles: 4 games will be bowled in this event. A Doubles entry may bowl as many times as they chooses. The same combination or either of them with another bowler may try in as many attempts and may win multiple prizes in the Doubles event. Two game series will be bowled by each bowler. Game Fees – PHP 800.00 per attempt.
10. Trios: 6 games will be bowled in this event. . A Team entry may bowl as many times as they chooses. The same combination or any of them with another bowlers may try in as many attempts and may win multiple prizes in the Team event. Two game series will be bowled by each bowler. Game Fees – PHP 1,200.00 per attempt.
11. All-Events: The All-Events fee shall be included in the initial registration fee to be paid upon a bowler’s first attempt The fee must be paid before attempting any of the Events. Failure to do so shall disqualify his/her All-Events Score. It is the responsibility of bowlers to ensure that he/she has paid up this fee before he/she attempts his/her first Event of the All-Events.
An All-Events champion will be declared in each division from total pinfalls of their first attempt in Singles, Doubles and Trios. The ALL EVENTS category are: Class “O”, Class “A”, Class “B”, and Mixed Ladies.
12. Verification of Score: It is the responsibility of each bowler and/or the team captain to verify the correctness of each game bowled by signing on the official entry form of each event. Once signed, the score shall stand unless otherwise decided by the Tournament Committee.
In the event of any interruptions caused by power failure, the following procedure shall be followed:
a) Any part of a game that cannot be recalled will be re-bowled from the first frame.
b) If more than one game cannot be recalled, the series shall be declared null and void and a fresh series be rescheduled.
c) If only one frame is missing, the bowler shall continue from the last frame bowled.
13. Registration of Bowling Balls, Illegality and Disqualification: All participants are advised to check their bowling balls used in the Tournament are certified as legal for weight and other specifications before they compete in their events. The responsibility is on the bowler to ensure that all balls he/she uses are certified legal as above.
If at any time a bowler is found to have used an illegal ball even if previously certified legal by the Tournament Office, he/she shall be disqualified from the entire Tournament and stripped of all his/her winnings or positions standing and if the Tournament Committee is of the opinion that such usage was deliberate and was intended to cheat, he/she may be further reported to the PBC Disciplinary Committee. He/she may also be asked to return immediately to one of the Tournament Directors any awards or prizes that may have already been given to him/her.
There should be no altering of the surface of the bowling balls, nor application of any kind of liquid (including water) on the surface of the ball during a game. This will only be allowed in between games. If a bowler, coach or official violates this rule, a warning will be issued and the specific bowling ball confiscated for the block of games.
14. Masters Events: This event is open to bowlers who have at least completed his/her mandatory All Events. The qualifying scores will be based on the best 2 sets (six (6) games (inclusive of applicable hdcp.) total in the Singles Event.
• All bowlers, whenever applicable, may request/register for double-up (simultaneous qualifying in 2 division) starting from the Singles in All Events upon payment of a double-up fee of PHP 400.00 per set. Bowlers MUST indicate their intention to double-up their games BEFORE the start of their set.
• All qualifiers must check with the Tournament Directors 24 hours before their finals roll-off, to confirm their Final Standing and/or to check for any changes in the schedule. Tournament Results are uploaded daily at 10:00 AM and can be seen by logging on: SLETBA.COM (and click the TAB: 44th PBC-BOYSEN OPEN). All participants may be required to leave their cell phone numbers for any advisories from the Tournament Secretariat.
Qualifiers for the Masters roll-off :
A. SENIOR DIVISIONS: (at least 50 years old and above as of December 31, 2015)
i. SENIOR MASTERS (Mixed) (SM1): Open to male and female bowlers regardless of average. Handicapping based on the published handicapping chart. Top 24 qualifiers will play a 10 games series, 2- lane movement every 2 games, positioning in the 9th game. Finals is on Nov. 16, Monday at 10 AM roll-off. Top 3 wins (40K, 20K, 10K). Finals Fee: Php 3,200.00
ii. Senior Masters 2 (Mixed) (SM2, Classified). Open to male and female bowlers with average of 184 and below. Handicapping based on the published handicapping chart. Top 24 qualifiers will play a 10 games series, 2- lane movement every 2 games, positioning in the 9th game Finals is on Nov. 14, Saturday at 10 AM roll-off. Top 3 wins (40K, 20K, 10K). Finals Fee: Php 3,200.00
B. YOUTH MASTERS
This event is open to youth bowlers who are 21 years of age as of January 1, 2015 (born on Jan. 2, 1994 or after). The Tournament Committee reserves the right to ask for documents that would attest to the bowler’s age. Handicapping based on the published handicapping chart. Top 16 qualifiers will play an 8 games series, 2- lane movement every 2 games, positioning in the 7th game, Finals is on Nov. 15, Sunday at 7:00 PM roll-off. Top 3 wins (25K, 13K, 7K).
Finals Fee: Php 2,500.00
C. ASSOCIATE MASTERS
This event is open to male and female bowlers with an average of 180 and below. Female bowlers are given an 8 handicap. Top 36 qualifiers will play a 10 games series, 2- lane movement every 2 games, positioning in the 9th game Finals is on Nov. 19 Thursday at 10 AM roll-off. Top 3 wins (50K, 25K, 12K, 6K, 3K, 2K). Finals Fee: Php 3,500.00
D. GRADED MASTERS
This event is open to male and female bowlers with an average of 195 and below. Female bowlers are given an 8 handicap. Top 24 qualifiers will play a 12 games series, 2- lane movement every 2 games, positioning in the 11th game Finals is on Nov. 18, Wednesday at 10 AM roll-off. Top 3 wins (70K, 35K, 18K).
Finals Fee: Php 4,500.00
E. LADIES’ MIXED MASTERS
This event is open to female bowlers with an average of 195 and below. Handicapping based on the published handicapping chart. Top 16 qualifiers will play 10 games series, 2- lane movement every 2 games, positioning in the 9th game Finals is on Nov. 17, Tuesday at 10:00 AM roll-off. Top 3 wins (40K, 20K, 10K).
Finals Fee: Php 3,200.00
F. OPEN MASTERS
This event is open to ALL bowlers. Philippine/Youth/Team/Pool, male and female are automatically classified in this category. Lady bowlers shall be given a handicap of eight (. Top 23 qualifiers plus 1 seeded, will play 14 games series, 2- lane movement every 2 games, positioning in the 13th game Finals is on Nov. 19, Thursday at 3:00 PM roll-off. Top 3 wins (100K, 50K, 25K). Finals Fee: Php 5,000.00
15. REPORTING TIME
All Masters Finalists must check in personally 30 minutes to one hour before their respective roll-off times.
Reserves will be called 15 minutes before roll-off. CENTER TIME WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
16. Tie-Breaking Procedure:
a) When equal score ties are registered for any of the first three positions in the Singles, Doubles and Trios, the bowler/team with the lower difference between the highest and lowest game of the series shall prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler/team with the higher last game shall prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler with the higher second game will prevail and so forth.
b) When a tie occurs for a place in the Masters qualifying, the bowler with the least difference between the highest and lowest game of the series shall prevail. Should a tie still persist in order to determine the final qualifier to the Masters finals, a one game roll-off shall be rolled to break the tie. If the one-game roll-off end in a tie, a ninth and tenth frame will be rolled until the tie is broken.
c) When a tie occurs in the Masters finals events (Youth, Senior Men’s & Women’s, Associate, Mixed Ladies and Graded) for any Cash-in position, the bowler with the least difference between the highest and lowest game will prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler with the higher LAST game shall prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler with the higher SECOND-TO-THE-LAST game will prevail and so forth.
Registration fees, which is inclusive of two (2) Singles Qualifying sets, and 2 games each of doubles and team are as follows:
Open Division) Registration PHP 4,000.00
Singles / Qualifying (Re-Try) PHP 600.00
Doubles PHP 800.00
Trios PHP 1,200.00
Youth & Senior Divisions Registration PHP 3,500.00
Singles / Qualifying (Re-Try) PHP 600.00
Doubles PHP 800.00
Trios PHP 1,200.00
Masters Events Open Masters PHP 5,000.00
Graded Masters PHP 4,500.00
Associate Masters PHP 3,500.00
Ladies' Mixed Masters PHP 3,200.00
Mixed Senior Masters 1 PHP 3,200.00
Mixed Senior Masters 2 PHP 3,200.00
Mixed Youth Masters PHP 2,500.00
Double- Up: 400.00 per set of 3 games + 600 re-try = Php1, 000.00 for 2 divisions.
18. Cheating: Any bowler found guilty of cheating at scores, averages eligibility or in any other counts will be immediately disqualified from the entire tournament and reported to the Disciplinary Committee of Philippine Bowling Congress and the Asian Bowling Federation for further action. He/she will also be stripped of his/her winnings and positions standing and be asked to return to the Tournament Directors any awards that may have already been given to him/her. When in doubt, bowlers are reminded to consult the Tournament Directors on any issues.
19. Bowlers Attire:
a) All participants/qualifiers/finalists are required at all times or during the entire duration of the Tournament, to be in their proper uniform representing their association/affiliation/clubs/federation while playing. Such uniform must also bear the PBC LOGO. Violators will not be allowed to play. Collarless shirts may be allowed provided it conforms to the rule stated herein.
b) All bowlers in shorts, jogging pants, sleeveless uppers or shirts, and/or singlets WILLNOT be permitted to bowl. Female bowlers may wear half-length slacks.
c) Headgears of any kind are not allowed to be worn while playing.
d) Bowlers are requested to be dressed for their events with a sense of decorum. Rubber bands or socks pulled over trousers/slacks will be disallowed.
20. Slow Bowling: Bowlers who are in readiness to step on the approach to deliver a ball, shall have the following rights and obligations:
a) They may claim right of way over anyone moving to the approach or preparing to bowl on the lane immediately on their left.
b) They may claim right of way over anyone moving to the approach or preparing to bowl on the lane immediately on their right.
c) Players shall be ready to bowl when it is their turn, and should not delay to go to the approach, if a lane immediately adjacent to them on the left and right side is clear.
d) Penalty shall be imposed to bowler(s) who is four (4) frames slower from the leader, not counting the end pair of lanes. The penalty will be to forfeit the score in the next frame.
e) Only one-lane courtesy rule shall apply. Bowlers are required to step down (not a foot up) from the bowling platform while another bowler have correctly claimed the right of way to bowl.
21. Altering Bowling Balls’ Surface
Altering the surface of bowling balls is allowed in a designated area during the official practice session, and immediately preceding a competition round or in between games. A player may NOT alter the surface of the bowling balls DURING a game.
22. OILING PATTERN: (Graphics Pattern is attached)
WTBA–LONDON shall be used. A graphics copy is attached for all ALBA’s and will be posted at the Championship Board during the entire duration of this PBC-Boysen Open Tournament.
23. INTENTIONAL FOUL:
Obvious, deliberate, or intentional fouling or any acts or bowling style done for the purpose of lowering of scores or misrepresenting an average to gain greater handicap, or qualify for a lower classification in an event shall be considered UNFAIR TACTICS (Reference: USBC 2015 Rule 17a) . It shall be penalized with forfeiture of the concerned bowler’s all prizes if any, and shall be recommended for one Year Suspension from participating in any PBC Sanctioned Tournaments. The organizer’s Tournament Committee with at least 3 members and at least 2 members from the PBC Tournament Committee shall be called to convene and decide on the matter.
24. APPROACH/FOUL LINE:
Approaches must not be defaced. The application of any foreign substance on any part of the approach that detracts from the possibility of other players having normal conditions is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to talcum
powder, wet cloth/towel, pumice and resin on shoes, and/or soft rubber soles or heels that rub-off on the approach.
A foul occurs when a part of the player’s body encroaches on or goes beyond the foul line and touches any part of the lane, equipment or building during or after a delivery. If the automatic sensor is not available, CHALK marks may be used to detect fouling bowlers. Signage at the posts or walls are posted to make bowlers aware of the rule. The opposing bowler can call fouls for verification by the official scorers, Marshalls, foul judge, or any one appointed as such by the Tournament Organizer. If a foul is called for the first ball rolled, the score is ZERO and the pins are reset for the 2nd ball. If a foul is called in the 2nd ball rolled, the score shall be the outcome of the first ball rolled.
There shall be at least 2 Tournament Marshal appointed by the Tournament Committee in proper uniform/ID and present/visible in all days and hours of the tournament.
26. LANE TRANSFERS:
At any time during an on-going FINALS event, no lane movements/transfers or ball Transfers should occur unless the Lead Marshall or Tournament Master should have blown the whistle to signify the simultaneous Lane and ball transfers of all Finalists. . Ball transfers should as much as possible be made in the APPROACH area/platform. Violators’ attention may be called from time to time if necessary.
a) Scores: Must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Directors or their Assistants within 12 hours of the event, and in the case of an elimination round, before the next round. In the case of the last match of the Grand Finals of the Masters event, such protests, if any should be addressed to the same officials before prize presentation. No protest made after the prize presentation will be entertained.
b) Foul: Must be bought to the attention of the Lane Marshal before the delivery of the next ball. No complaints made after the 2nd ball has been bowled shall be entertained.
c) Eligibility: Must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Directors or their Assistants within 24 hours of the first infringement or before the next round or prize presentation.
a. Smoking is strictly prohibited in areas other than the designated “SMOKING LOUNGE” but it can be made only “in between games” and must not cause any delay in the next frame/game. When it is the smoking bowler’s turn to bowl and he/she is not present or is not ready to bowl, it shall be construed as a waiver of his/her turn to bowl. The affected bowlers may call the marshal and request to change the ARROW mark to change turn to bowl. When this is done, the absentee bowler will get “ZERO’ score in considered waived frame.
b. Drinking Lite Beer may be allowed but only behind the counter of the bowlers’ area. Hard Liquors are strictly prohibited.
c. Only current playing bowlers, Marshalls, and Coaches are allowed to stay within the bowlers’ area during an –ongoing event (qualifying and finals). Friends, parents, audience, Lane men, etc. must stay behind the counter of the bowlers’ area. They can be approached by the playing bowler for any assistance if necessary.
d. In case of machine breakdowns (pinsetter/monitors, etc.) in an on-going game, the Tournament Committee or its designated representative or Marshalls can re-assign the affected bowlers to any available lanes that It may deem appropriate.
e. Proper decorum must be observed by everyone at all times.
f. In case of power failure, scores in frame/s that can no longer be recalled shall be re-bowled.
29. INTERPRETATION OF RULES
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to make the final interpretation of the Rules and Regulations cited herein. On matters not stated elsewhere in the rules, FIQ /WTBA playing rules and regulations may be adopted.
30. Special Notes:
A. Bowlers are requested to refrain from swerving on the lanes.
B. Bowlers shall restrict themselves to their respective lanes and exercise consideration for all participants.
C. Bowlers wearing soft rubber soles on their non-sliding foot may be barred from further bowling subject, to the scrutiny of the Tournament Directors.
D. Bowlers are not allowed to sand or apply any form of liquid or chemical on the surface of bowling balls during a game. This may done ONLY in between games.
E. The Tournament Directors reserve the right to accept or reject ant entry they deem fit.
F. Any matters arising and not covered in these Tournament Rules will be decided by the Tournament Chairman, the Tournament Directors or the Tournament Committee whose decision shall be subject only to appeal to the PBC Board. Such appeal should be made in writing and within 48 hours of the decision by any of the above.
31. Any matter not covered in the rules will be dealt with by the Tournament Directors or the Tournament Committee, whose decision shall be final and binding subject to appeal to the Philippine Bowling Congress Board of Trustees. The TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND, CHANGE, CANCEL SUBSITUTE, REVISE, OR CORRECT ANY PROVISION OR PART/S OF THE FOREGOING RULES WHENEVER IT MAY DEEM NECESSARY EVEN WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
THE PBC TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE
PBC Vice President and Committee Chairman
Francis de Leon
Atty. Boy de Leon
For queries call or text:
Willie Natividad- 0917 991 7691
Ted Victorino – 0917 528 9224
FOR DAILY RESULTS: LOG ON :
(and click the TAB: 44th PBC-BOYSEN OPEN)
Updated Every 10:00 AM
SENIORS, LADIES, AND YOUTH DIVISIONS
44th PBC-BOYSEN Philippine Open Tenpin Bowling Championships 2015
PBC AVE. SENIOR DIVISIONS LADIES YOUTH ADDTL. HDCP FOR SENIORS
SM 1 SM 2 MASTERS MASTERS 60 61 to 65 66 to 70 71 to 75 76 and
Senior Masters Seniors Classified Yrs. Old Yrs. Old Yrs. Old Yrs. Old above
199 & up 0 0 2 4 6 8 10
197-198 2 0 2 4 6 8 10
195-196 4 0 2 4 6 8 10
193-194 6 1 2 4 6 8 10
191-192 8 3 2 4 6 8 10
189- 190 10 5 2 4 6 8 10
186-188 12 7 2 4 6 8 10
185 15 0 9 2 4 6 8 10
184 16 0 1 11 2 4 6 8 10
182-183 18 1 2 13 2 4 6 8 10
180-181 20 3 4 15 2 4 6 8 10
178-179 22 5 6 17 2 4 6 8 10
176-177 24 7 8 19 2 4 6 8 10
174-175 26 9 10 21 2 4 6 8 10
172-173 28 11 12 23 2 4 6 8 10
170-171 30 13 14 25 2 4 6 8 10
168-169 32 15 16 27 2 4 6 8 10
166-167 34 17 18 29 2 4 6 8 10
164-165 36 19 20 31 2 4 6 8 10
162-163 36 21 22 33 2 4 6 8 10
160-161 36 23 24 34 2 4 6 8 10
158-159 36 25 26 36 2 4 6 8 10
146-157 36 27 28 38 2 4 6 8 10
145 /below 36 29 30 40 2 4 6 8 10
PLUS 4 TO PLUS AGE PLUS 8
LADIES & +Age Hdcp. HDCP TO GIRLS
MAX. HDCP 50 43 40 48 tedv:10-20-2015
||All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum