Synthetic vs. wood lanes
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Playdium Bowling -> ASK THE COACH!

#1: Synthetic vs. wood lanes Author: CndLocation: Quezon City PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:33 am
    —
Confused hi sir dabes, this is the topic na off topic sa kabila.(slow or fast). Smile  Smile
hi guys..m not sure if you have this topic discuss before..anyway..curious lang po, do we have to use other ball with regards to the lanes being used?.I find it important to others kasi to have diff'rent equipment being used pag synthetic ang lane or wood ang gamit nila..while on the other hand m using the same ball in both lanes..yun nga lang iba ang adjustments of course..bcoz in wood i have to throw the ball in full swing and full force, while in synthetic very relax ang ball..i wonder if i need to buy one for synthetic din?.. Wink

#2: Re: Synthetic vs. wood lanes Author: dabesbowlerindapilipins PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:52 am
    —
you use the same set of equipment for different types of lanes (in terms of material).  what you must take notice is how the ball reacts with the pattern put on the lane. if you throw full force on wood, most probably the lanes are dry.  if you throw smoothly on synthetic, most probably, it has enough oil to let you stroke your shot.

if you need to buy a ball, check what equipment you lack.  usually, you need the ff:

1) one that rolls early for oily lanes
2) one that has a strong lay-out for most of the conditions
3) one that has good length for dry lanes
4) polyester/plastic ball for sparing (optional)

#3: Re: Synthetic vs. wood lanes Author: CndLocation: Quezon City PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:10 am
    —
Thanks sir dabes, that's very informative.

Playdium Bowling -> ASK THE COACH!

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1