20. Guest
21. Guest
22. Guest
23. Guest
24. Guest
25. Guest
26. Guest
27. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2019 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION SCHEDULES OF TOURNAMENTS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am
benny View latest post
2019 PLAYDIUM BOWLING CENTER CALENDAR Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am
benny View latest post
17TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS JULY 6-14, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 am
benny View latest post
47TH MBA-SARIMANOK VALENTINE TENPIN BOWLING OPEN FEB 9-17 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 am
benny View latest post
2018 PLAYDIUM NOVEMBER MONTHLY WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 am
benny View latest post

handicapping

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:18 pm  Post subject: handicapping Reply with quote

Regarding the tournament on the New Year special last friday , saturday and sunday. I cant understand how the handicap scores were given tot he individual players. take a look at some of the players who are having a handicap score of 16 who are as i know are in the class O division. I know the PBC handed it to you their scores, if they are right then they are blind.
And we are supposed to have the right to alter their handicap scores if we feel right, and its our right to do so regardless of what the PBC is handing it to them. Shame on them, matagal na ako tumigil hanggang ngayon pala ganun pa rin sila.
How can the PBC or any other bowling centers encourage other bowlers to join in the league if they the PBC are giving the wrong handicap, dapat yata naka wheel ang mga yan eh. kasi handicap. Mahiya naman sila.
If you feel that the PBC are wrong then its your duty to make it right, Angelo. Karapatan mo yan para masabi ng mga players na patas ka sa lahat ng tao, hindi lang sa kakilala mo.
Pasensya ka na sa akin, matagal na kasi ako tumigil kasi nga ganun sila noon, kala nagretire na cla after 15 years kaya ako bumalik.

ill have my perfect game in no time, i can feel it
Angelo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:02 am  Post subject: handicapping Reply with quote

Mr. Ed,

thank u for posting, you really have a good point.... i have attended a lot of PBC meetings last year and Handicaps are always the issue and unfortunately hindi pa rin ma-solve - actually they have made a strict rule regarding sandbagging, like for example, they will not credit the games 20 pins below the average, Good? Nope, kasi bowlers learned and even spent just to control their average.....too sad i know..... creating a tournament like this is not easy coz of sandbaggers....that´s the problem.... don´t worry i will be active again this year in PBC meetings and i will bring this matter again...again, thank you sir! happy bowling!!

winnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:13 pm  Post subject: handicapping Reply with quote

for the players, if you think the tournament is unfair, why would you still play? and also 15 years ago is a different story right? for the organizers, are you allowed to alter averages, i think that´s not fair because that´s the official list right? In fairness, i think angelo has done a lot of tournaments and almost all are successful because he is organized and fair to all players... to ED, you know that PBC list of averages are not accurate but this is only the material that is available for the organizers, league averages can´t be used because averages depends on the lanes right?

only opinion guys......

jhune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:34 pm  Post subject: handicapping Reply with quote

ed, i see your point and i thank you for bringing it out... non-sanction tournaments is hard to organize than sanction simply because of the handicapping issue for the sandbaggers... and its sad to note that organizers have to rely on the pbc records and there are no other records available, isn´t it?
to alter averages of each bowler is not a good idea, it´s my own opinion but hopefully many would agree with me...
each bowler should be treated fair and that´s my main reason why in all of the tournament i organized i am very transparent with the handicapping and format. it is always visible in the posters and flyers so bowlers may know whats his edge or others edge over him before having himself register in the contest...
now, with regards to the pbc handling our averages, we can´t have that change that we want if we will be simply satisfy ourselves by waiting for things to come... what i want to say is as a member, each and everyone of us could have a voice for suggestions...
Angelo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:47 am  Post subject: handicapping Reply with quote

hi winnie,
thanks for your post, as to PBC list, this may be accurate but the basis of PBC are coming from different tournaments in various centers that includes high scoring lanes like playdium, pearl, greenvalley, and low scoring lanes like in bowling inn, cebu, ilo-ilo....etc.....so averages depends where you participated, kaya mahirap talaga kunin ang real average....... thank you again for all your posts....

blackcloud

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:51 pm  Post subject: handicapping Reply with quote

don´t you have a rule where you can re rate the bowler? also you should keep records of the results of previous tournaments. this can also help in rerating the bowler if his/her average is ????. especially if they go lights out in competition.
believe me, this is a big problem here in tournaments here in the US. you´re not the only ones dealing with this problem.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: