22. Guest
23. Guest
24. Guest
25. Guest
26. Guest
27. Guest
28. Guest
29. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2018 PLAYDIUM OCTOBER MONTHLY WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:47 am
benny View latest post
2018 PLAYDIUM ELIMINATOR CHALLENGE OCTOBER WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 4 Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:41 am
benny View latest post
2018 PSB SEPTEMBER MONTHLY WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:02 am
benny View latest post
REMATE BOWLING CLUB SATURDAY SINGLES HANDICAPPED LEAGUE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:39 am
benny View latest post
15TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP JULY1-9, 2017 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:50 pm
benny View latest post

ideal bowling center
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlasemperor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:40 am  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

What is your ideal bowling center? It should have:
Rannie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:26 am  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

a bowling lane? j/k
blackcloud

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:37 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

the ideal bowling bowling center speaking from experience is:
36 synthetic lanes with automatic bumpers for the kids. lanes that glow in the dark for cosmic, disco, glow bowl.(whichever you want to call it.); flat screen monitors and scoring consoles. concourse which would allow placing bleachers for tournaments behind the lanes; a nice restaurant and bar; must be a non smoking center. well ventilated. must have a pro shop opened at reasonable hours for business; must have an in house coach
to give tips to the beginners during open play.must have an aggressive marketing plan. a reliable lane mechanic and must not be within a 30mi. radius of a competing center.
in order for a center to be sucessful, the population/ lane ratio should apply.
it is like 5,000:1. it should be built based on how big the general population is, otherwise , you will have days where the lanes are not actually running.
anyone else care to add more?
Angelo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:38 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

for me, an ideal bowling center needs not to be a super duper classy, for me a good bowling center should be equipped with nice people, nice bowlers, even though u got the most hi-tech lanes pag yung mga naglalaro naman ay napakayabang, eh ano....alis ka na dun.....

winnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:41 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

ur exactly right angelo
dun sa paranaque, nakasimangot lahat ng players that´s why i like in powerbowl, green valley, and of course playdium....free games ako angelo ha... honestly, people there are really friendly which includes the staff.
Pseudomonas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:49 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

korect!! pipol around u should be nice and friendly.....para enjoy ang game!
blackcloud

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

that one too, have to agree with that.
but people who are knowledgeable and
trained to answer questions you may have on bowling and about the center.
Jorge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:26 am  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

If you read or participate in the Forum, you probably think that Playdium is the best or one of the best bowling centers in town. To prove to yourself that this is true, you should go around and play in other centers, like we have. Then I propose that you apply the following list of categories for rating each center that you play in.

1. Type of lane. Synthetic gets 20 points maximum, wood gets less depending on quality.

2. Lane Conditioning - Medium heads get 10 points, less for slow and fast conditions. Good backends get 10 points. Maximum of 20 points.

3. Equipment Integrity - 10 points for pinsetter performance, 10 points for ball return mechanisms for 20 points maximum. If balls suffer damage, give less points.

4. Management WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for damage to bowling balls - 20 points or nothing.

5. Manager is hands on and visible - 10 points maximum.

6. Good staff response and friendliness, quick laneman assistance - 10 points maximum

7. Adequate utilization of airconditioning - 10 points maximum

8. Good Proshop service, competent instructor(s), reasonable price of merchandise - 10 points maximum

9. Parking and ease of ball movement into and out of the center - 10 points maximum

10. Quality and prices of food and drink services - 10 points maximum

11. Ambiance, lighting, cleanliness (especially CR) - 10 points maximum

12. Price of games are reasonable - 10 points maximum

13. Consistency of approach - 10 points maximum, less for sticky or slippery conditions.

14. No smoking allowed, with adequate smoking booth capacity - 10 points maximum

15. Stand by generator set for brownouts - 10 points maximum

16. Bonus of 5 points for time bowling and another 5 points for special pinsetter practice modes for 10 points maximum.

The maximum score is 200 points. If I missed anything, then please add your proposed categories. After applying the above, you can then conclude for yourself which is the best bowling center in town. Happy bowling !

Jaws
bowlgeek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:02 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

Let me answer it this way...

What do I hate about my house?

1. Dirty rest rooms;

2. A smoking room whose doors are never closed and doesn´t have an exhaust (I actually go home like that of the fabric softener ad, - "amoy ashtray!!);

3. No manager/supervisor who actually knows anything about bowling;

4. A proshop which still displays cork tape whose plastic packaging is so yellow you can hardly see the product inside(God forbid someone actually buys the product and it cracks before it can be taped to the thumb hole);

5. Lanes whose normal oiling is so bad there´s no point rolling your ball except when in a league or tournament(so how do you practice);

6. And my favorite.... Pin machines that break down every 2 frames.

Twas better to have bowled and lost than to have never bowled at all...
Jorge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:50 am  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

Bowlgeek -

All six of your complaints are covered in my list. I sympathize with you. Looks like you need a new house to play in. Lipat ka na sa Playdium, but if it is too far, that is understandable. I was going to list proximity to one´s residence as a category but I realized that it is not fair and is a matter of personal circumstance.

My wife and I have played in about a dozen bowling centers around Metro, just to see what the world outside Playdium is like. Believe me, we would only think of going back to play in two or three at most aside from Playdium. We visited four other centers but did not try them out yet. Of those four, only one seems worth trying out - Pearl Plaza.

Anyway, thanks for considering using my list of categories. Cheers !

Jaws
Angelo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:52 am  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

there is a lot of good bowling centers out there, here are my top 3, Pearl, Rockwell and Playdium(biased ba?)

why? they all know how to operate a center coz management bowls too and they know what bowlers like and dislikes....

worst bowling lanes...... hehe guess ninyo na lang... abbreviations lang ito hehehe

gc, gv, ebc, smf hahahaha i have to keep my mouth shut na - - - -intriga na ito....

sir jorge, taba na ng puso ko.....

Jorge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:28 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

Coach -

We will definitely try out Pearl Plaza one of these days. Rockwell is OK, medyo lang madilim parang nightclub so you might trip on something, and the approaches are sticky much to the discomfort of long sliders like Des. Playdium ? Para kaming nasa bahay, kaya dyan kami most of the time.

As for your dislikes - nalaruan na namin ang GC and GV, at hindi kabalik-balik. Nevermore. Yung EBC, lanes feel like Playdium kaya lang maingay at ineffective ang smoking booths. Yung SMF, cute tingnan, pero di pa namin nalaruan. Maybe one day pero with antique balls na lang.

As for yung pagtaba ng puso mo, ayos yun coz you are doing a superb job. In truth, you are only one of two lane managers that are visible. Yung sa EBC nakita na namin pero parang d concerned sa ongoing action.

Kaya lang, ikaw ang dapat tumaba, hindi lang puso mo. Dagdagan mo ang kain at siguro tulog pa some more. Cheers !!!

Jaws
jhune

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:36 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

basta kong nasaan c angelo yon ang ideal bowling center. teka. halata na yata paninipsip ko..?
Angelo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:32 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

very many thanks to Sir Jorge and Family, di ko alam kung ano ang pinakain ko sa inyo pero i really appreciate all the complements i received from you.....again many thanks.......

jan sa jhune na yan....... salamat din ha.... ex boyfriend ko yan eh bwahahahaaha....

Tito Jorge, maybe you can try the lanes in Palms in Alabang, in Tagaytay Highlands, and probably you can try the lanes in ILO ILO, sagwa ng lanes pero mga tao dun.... ay Grabe sa mga Bait!!!!! kamusta kayo jan sa ILO ILO!!! pareng Franky Pogi!!!!

king

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:38 pm  Post subject: ideal bowling center Reply with quote

Anytime welcome mga taga playdium dito. Hindi maganda ang lanes and the center itself kami dito nagrereklamo na. Gelo, may bagong promo dito sa gaisano, play bowling and get a free sauna Kelan ka ulit punta dito??? Miss ka na ng mga taga rito. Sa mga kasma mo diyan We invite you here sa ILOILO, try nyo ang ILONGGO hospitality.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  General All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: