Most Ever Online:
Joined: Jan 24, 2005
Location: Playdium Bowling Center
|Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:38 am Post subject: 12th DATBI INVITATIONAL OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS April 9-13, 2014
| DAGUPAN ASSOCIATION OF TENPIN BOWLERS, INC.
CSI FUN WORLD & AMUSEMENT CENTER
CSI The City Mall, Lucao District, Dagupan City
Tel. (075) 5233204 / CP 09175648887
March 14, 2014
On behalf of the members and officer of Dagupan Association of Tenpin Bowlers Inc. ( DATBI), we are pleased to inform you that we will be holding our 12th DATBI INVITATIONAL OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS from April 9 to April 13, 2014 at CSI Fun World & Amusement Center , CSI The City Mall, Lucao District , Dagupan City.
Through you, we would like to invite the members of your association to participate in this event. Your presence would be an honor for us.
Attached herewith , are the rules and regulation, fees and prizes for the tournament .
For further inquiries , you may contact us at the given numbers . We are looking forward to see you and your members participate in our tournament.
Thank you very much and more power!
Very truly yours,
Bernabe Dy Jr.
12th DATBI – CSI Invitational Open Championships
CSI The City Mall, Lucao District, Dagupan City
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
April 9 - 13, 2014
This tournament is organized by (DATBI) Dagupan Association of Tenpin Bowlers Inc. and CSI Fun World & Amusement Center. This tournament is open to all male and female bowlers who are members in good standing of any associations / clubs affiliated with the Philippine Bowling Congress.
Latest PBC average shall apply for the purpose of classification. Bowler/s without established PBC average shall furnish a copy of average certification from their respective Association signed by President or Secretary, otherwise they will classified as class O bowler/s.
QUALIFYING: Bowlers will be playing 6 games in the qualifying round to be played in 2 blocks of 3 games. Each bowler may choose their preferred squad, subject to the availability of lanes. There will be no changing of squad once they started. Handicap will be given to bowlers based on their respective PBC Averages (see section 6). The top 48 players with the highest total pinfalls with handicap plus 6 from the desperado squad will advance to the finals and will be grouped into 2 with different prize brackets. The top 3 bowlers based on the top 48 players will automatically win the prize of P5,000 for the top placer , P3,000 for the 2nd top placer , and P2,000 for the 3rd top placer.
TOP 48 Grouping
Group 1 TOP 1 to 24 plus 3 from Desperado squad (27 Finalists)
Group 2 TOP 25 to 48 plus 3 from Desperado squad (27Finalists)
4. DESPERADO: The desperado squad will be after the last squad on April 12. To be eligible to bowl in the desperado squad, bowler must have previously made at least 5 qualifying attempts before they can register. Format: a one game will be bowled to decide on the final qualifiers for the various groups. The top 3 scorers for group 1 and the top 3 scorers for group 2 will advance to their respective master’s finals.
NOTE: Group 2 bowlers should inform the secretariat whether he/she is qualifying for group 1 or group 2 before playing the event. Any declaration made after the game has been played shall not be considered.
5. FINALS: The top 48 bowlers in the qualifying round plus the 6 qualifiers from the desperado squad will bowl 10 games each in 2 different squad time. Previous pinfalls will not be carried over to the finals. There will be lane transfer every game. Bowlers assigned at even numbered lane will moved to the right, bowlers assigned at odd numbered lane will moved to left. The last 2 games for group 2 will serve as the positioning round. The lowest 15 players after 8 games will be eliminated. The remaining 12 bowlers will play 2 more games (scores of 8 games shall be carried over up to the 10th game). The top 6 finisher for group 2 will be declared as winners.
Top 6 bowler for group 1 division will advance to the Stepladder /Shootout finals and the winner of the final match will be declared as the Champion for 12th DATBI–CSI Invitational Open Championships.
NOTE: Members of RP Team , Pool and Players with an average of 196 and above for men and 186 and above for ladies are not allowed in Group 2.
SHOOTOUT FINALS FOR GROUP 1
Match 1 : The 4th , 5th & 6th placer will play 1 game shoot –out The winner of this match based on total pinfalls with handicap will advance to the next match . Bowlers who lose in the shoot-out can only go down one position from their original rank (for example, a bowler who came in fourth and loses in the shoot-out will became the 5th placer) subsequently, the maximum a bowler could moved up would be two ranks unless the bowler moves – up to the next round. In other words the play off for the first match is used only to determine the bowler who would move –up to the next rank.
Match 2 : Winner of the 1st match and the 3rd placer will play a 1 game Stepladder match, the winner of this match based on total pinfalls with handicap will advance to the next match .
Match 3 : The winner of match 2 and the 2nd placer will play a one game Stepladder match, the winner will advance to the 4th and final match .
Final Match : The winner of match 3 shall play against the top qualifier where the top qualifier will enjoy a twice to beat advantage. The winner of this match based on the total pinfalls with handicap will be declared as Champion of 12th DATBI–CSI Invitational Open Championships.
6. HANDICAPS :
Handicapping will be based on the latest PBC Averages. Bowlers without established average must submit a certification duly signed by their respective Association/Club President and /or Secretary. Any misdeclaration of average by bowler will result in the disqualification of involved bowler from the tournament and no refund of his / her registration fee shall be made. Below is the chart for handicap.
MALE HDCP FEMALE HDCP
196 and above 0 186 and above 10
186 to 195 10 180 to 185 16
170 to 185 16 170 to 179 24
169 and below 24 169 and below 32
Note: Senior Citizen Bowlers 60 years and above shall be given additional handicap of five (5) points per game.
7. TIE – BREAKERS
* In case of a tie in the 24th/48th place after the qualifying round in Groups 1 and 2. Tie breaker will be the least difference between the highest and lowest game of the highest 2 qualifying series without handicap.
* In case of a tie for the top 3 position in the qualifying round, tie breaker
will be the least difference of the highest and lowest game of their highest 2 sets qualifying without handicap.
* In case of tie for the 2nd to the 6th placer after the finals in group 2, prize money shall be added up and be divided among the tied bowlers. Final placing for the trophies shall be determine by the least difference of the highest and the lowest game in the finals.
* In case of tie for the 1st place after the finals in Groups 1 & 2, tie breaker will be a one -game roll off.
* In case of tie during the shootout/stepladder match, tie breaker will be the 9th and 10th frame roll –off.
* In case of tie for the 2nd, 3rd and 6th place in group 1 after the 10 game series, tie breaker will be the least difference of the highest and lowest game of the final series.
* In case of tie in the desperado squad, tie breaker will be the roll-off of the 9th and 10th frame.
8. BOWLERS UNIFORM
Bowlers are advice to wear proper uniform during the tournament proper. Wearing of sleeveless shall not be allowed. No short pants for male bowlers and short – shorts for female bowlers.
9. LANE BREAKDOWN
If a single pair of lane/s becomes unusable for more than 15 minutes before or during the game, the tournament committee reserves the right to assign any available lanes provided by the bowling center to affected participants. No practice bowl will be allowed. The committee reserves the right to review the situation and take actions accordingly.
10. LOSS SCORE : In case of a power/computer failure, which results in a loss of any score/s not yet recorded on the Master Score sheets and which cannot be recalled, the bowler/s concerned will be required to re- bowl a new game . However, scores of completed games that have been recorded in the Master Score sheet shall stand as official score and the bowler shall not be required to re – bowl a new game.
11. BOWLING ON WRONG LANE: In case a bowler bowls on wrong lane and such error is discovered before another bowler bowl on the same lanes, a dead ball shall be declared. In which case, the bowler concerned shall be required to re- bowl on the correct lane. If error is not discovered and the opposing bowler has bowled on the same lanes, the score shall count and the bowler shall be required to bowl his subsequent frames on wrong lane.
12. PROTEST: All protest involving the qualifying round should be submitted in writing not later than 9:00 P.M. on April 12, 2014 (Saturday), otherwise it will not be entertained. All protest involving quarter – finals, semi – finals, step ladder /shootout and grand finals match should also be made in writing and submitted to the tournament committee immediately before the presentation of prizes.
Entry Fee P2,500 (inclusive of 2 sets of 3 games)
Re- Entry P 500 (inclusive of 3 games)
Finals Fee P2,800 (10 games Group 1)
P2,500 (10 games Group 2)
All Tournament fees are not refundable and non - transferable. Entries are on a first – come first – served basis.
* The tournament committee reserves the right to add additional squads in case influx of bowlers on the last 2 days of qualifying.
14. TOURNAMENT SQUAD SCHEDULE:
* Oiling of lanes before 1st squad and 5:00pm only.
April 9 - 10, 2014
11:00AM – 12:00NN – 1:00PM – 2:00PM – 3:00PM -4:00PM
OILING - 6:00PM - 7:00PM – 8:00PM – 9:00PM
April 11 - 12, 2014
9:00 AM – 10:00AM- 11:00AM – 12:00NN – 1:00PM – 2:00PM – 3:00PM -4:00PM
OILING - 6:00PM - 7:00PM – 8:00PM – 9:00PM
Group 2 Finals Group 1 Finals
April 13, 2014 (Sunday) April 13, 2014 (Sunday)
8:00AM - Registration 1:00PM - Registration
8:46AM - Calling of Reserves 1:46PM - Calling of Reserves
9:00PM - Roll- Off 2:00PM - Roll - Off
SHOOT – OUT FINALS (No re – oiling for shoot – out Finals)
Note : Any matter that are not covered by this rules shall be decided by the tournament committee and their decision is final.
GROUP 1 GROUP 2
Champion P60,000 plus Trophy P30,000plus Trophy
1st Runner -up P30,000 plus Trophy P15,000plus Trophy
2nd Runner -up P15,000 plus Trophy P 8,000plus Trophy
3d Runner –up P 8,000 P 5,000
4th Runner –up P 5,000 P 4,000
5th Runner -up P 4,000 P 3,000
16. SPECIAL PRIZES
* PERFECT GAME 300 P10,000.00 ( 1 Winner )
( 2 or more 5K for 1st perfect gamer and 5K to be divided equally
to the next perfect gamers)
* Top 3 qualifier based on top 48 Bowlers
Top Qualifier P5,000
2nd Top Qualifier P3,000
3rd Top Qualifier P2,000
17. TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS:
Bernabe Dy Jr.
18. EVENT CHAIRMAN :
Atty. Jonathan Lomboy
Mr. Maximo “Momoy ” Abesamis
Dr. Oscar Ramirez
Mr. Jose “Peps” Verzosa
||All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum