07. Guest
08. Guest
09. Guest
10. Guest
11. Guest
12. Guest
13. Guest
14. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2020 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION TOURNAMENT SCHEDULES Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:21 am
benny View latest post
2019 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION SCHEDULES OF TOURNAMENTS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am
benny View latest post
2019 PSB OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS SEPT. 14-23, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am
benny View latest post
17TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS JULY 6-14, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 am
benny View latest post
47TH MBA-SARIMANOK VALENTINE TENPIN BOWLING OPEN FEB 9-17 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 am
benny View latest post

ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN"

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 pm  Post subject: ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN" Reply with quote

GREETINGS TO YOU ALL BOWLERS!
WE WILL START THE YEAR OF THE OX WITH A BIG BANG!
PLEASE DON'T BE SHY TO SHARE YOUR OPINION AND COMMENTS AS THIS SITE WILL BE ACTIVE NOW!
SO READY WITH FINGER TIPS ON TYPING!
TOPIC: ARE YOU READY FOR THE DUAL OIL PATTERN?
ACTUALLY, A FEW YEARS AGO, WE HAVE TRIED USING THE DUAL OIL PATTERN IN OUR LOCAL TOURNAMENT BUT THE QUESTION GOES LIKE THIS: WHAT HAPPEN TO THE DUAL OIL PATTERN?
IF YOU HAVE WATCH THE 2009 NATIONAL BOWLING STADIUM CHAMPIONSHIP (JANUARY 11, 2009) IN THE STATES, THEY USED THE DUAL OIL PATTERN ALREADY!
SO FELLOW BOWLERS, WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS "DUAL OIL PATTERN"
IS THIS AN ADVANTAGE OR DISADVANTAGE TO THE BOWLERS?
START HITTING THE KEYPADS!

REGISTER NOW AND LET US HEAR FROM YOU!
THIS IS AN INTERESTING ARTICLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rannie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:31 am  Post subject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN" Reply with quote

I think this should only be used on national tournaments since this is obviously meant for the pros. In a weekly tournament where ordinary or newbie bowlers like me play, this would be a major disadvantage. For "curve" bowlers such as me who are just starting to learn how to read oil patterns, this would post a major headache and will definitely bring down our average. It's similar to a person just learning how to drive using an automatic car. The dual oil pattern would be like learning how to drive and learning how to use the stick shift at the same time in a manual transmission car. Just IMO Smile
benny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:50 am  Post subject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN" Reply with quote

Yes! Actually, I do agree with you Rannie, very well said! If they really want to use the Dual Oil Pattern, I think they have to study first the advantages as well as the disadvantages and compare which is more important. I really wanna know what happen last time when they applied the Dual Oil Pattern in our local tournament a few years back. Can someone share with us their experience about the Dual Oil Pattern, what happen?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tonhil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN" Reply with quote

why not? let's try it in one tournament and see what will happen... without trying then we wont know how it will be like playing in a "dual oil pattern". i bet it'll be a challenging experience.
PBIII

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN" Reply with quote

I believe the DUAL OIL PATTERN would have its clear cut advantages which would eventually be greatly appreciated by the beginner bowlers and the 220++ bowlers alike.

Cuz for the average avid bowler like me, we normally have a 4 ball bag nowadays. These balls were normally purchased-triggered by the fact that they have a different coverstock, core or an alternate kind of drilling and so forth. BUT, how often do they actually get used as against the primary strike bowl???

The probable reply would be "seldom", cuz bowlers normally develop a comfort zone. Comfort zone to a particular bowling lane, target, stance on the approach or a particular league (same oiling day in day out), thereby the primary strike ball of choice would still be the  "pick" during game time.

While with the dual oil pattern --  the average bowler would most probably A ) Be forced to play 2 different bowling balls (at least he gets to maximize his money's worth on the alternate ball instead of just adding weight to his bowling bag as a security blanket),B ) Play another target instead of the "overused" 2nd arrow and C ) Realize there is life on the bowling lane other than the 10th board.

As for the so called 220++ average bowler, they may just realize that they are more of the "king" of the league bowlers and not exaclty a " Bonafide Class O Bowler" like Mr. Paeng Nepomuceno or our very own Mr. Benny "The Dragon" Dytoc.  Therefore they will assert more of improving themselves than just being contented of how they currently bowl.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to play simultaneously your Radical Inferno and your Storm Virtual Gravity at the same time on a pair of lanes ( even better if using the same target on the opposite pair of lanes)??? OR play deep inside with your Radical Inferno and then outside on the other lane???

Think About It ?  I just hope though that the Bowling Centers won't motivate on doing the short or thin oil for the sake of economic "tipid" reasons but for the art of "bowling dual pattern."

Happy Bowling to All Bowlers.

Mabuhay ang PTBA.  Wink
PBIII

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:54 am  Post subject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN" Reply with quote

Hi Mr. Benny Dytoc,

When can we have our dual oil pattern tournament?  Are you going to
set the trend?

Keep us all in touch,

Thank you.
benny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:18 pm  Post subject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR "DUAL OIL PATTERN" Reply with quote

When can we have our dual oil pattern tournament?  Are you going to
set the trend?

WITH REGARDS TO YOUR INQUIRIES:
I WILL HAVE TO CHECK AND ANALYZE THE AVAILABILITY OF TIME AND SCHEDULE.
ACTUALLY, STARTING THIS MARCH TILL DECEMBER OUR CALENDAR BOOKINGS ARE ALREADY FULL. SO I'M LOOKING FOR A ONE DAY EVENT BUT I NEED SOME SURVEY!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  General All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: