12. Guest
13. Guest
14. Guest
15. Guest
16. Guest
17. Guest
18. Guest
19. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
15TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP JULY1-9, 2017 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:50 am
benny View latest post
2ND PBF YOUTH QUARTERLY CHAMPIONSHIPS JUNE 25, 2017 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:19 am
benny View latest post
37TH PBA OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS JUNE 10-18, 2017 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:17 am
benny View latest post
15TH ATBA OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP MAY 20-28, 2017 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Tue May 23, 2017 1:13 am
benny View latest post
2017 PHILIPPINE INTERNATIONAL OPEN MAY 13-28, 2017 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 am
benny View latest post

RP Bowling News
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ponxman

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:04 pm  Post subject: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

FROM THE PHILIPPINE DAILY TRIBUNE

PBC IN TROUBLE

RP bowling squad to resign en masse

By Julius Manicad

05/06/2006

The winners want out of the house — the “oven-hot” house.

After their victorious stint in the 23rd Southeast Asian Games (SEAG), nine of the 12-man Philippine bowling team yesterday bared plans to resign en masse, saying they are disgruntled with the leadership of the Philippine Bowling Congress (PBC) and the lack of attention they receive from the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC).

World Cup champion CJ Suarez, acting as spokesman for the group, complained about the decrepit condition of their training site at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex (RMSC), their lack of training equipment, delayed allowances and the lack of an able coach to handle their training.

“I guess it’s about time for us to leave,” Suarez said. “We did our best in playing, we took pride in donning the national flag. But our small requests were always taken for granted. They just keep on promising and our objections to some policies always land on deaf ears.”

According to Suarez, their training venue at the RMSC remain unattended despite their earlier complaints about its “oven-hot atmosphere” that affect their daily training. The bad condition of the alley, Suarez claimed, also makes it hard for them to hone their skills.

Suarez also lamented the delayed delivery of their allowances.

The national team, according to Suarez, was also affected by the PBC’s decision to let go of their American mentor, Purvis Granger, who was responsible for their overall victory in the SEA Games.

Hired in 2001, Granger was among several foreign coaches whose contracts were not renewed by the PSC. Tyrone Ongpauco, Suarez’s teammate, credited Granger for their 10-gold medal win in the SEA Games last December.

“We started to win since he took the helm,” Ongpauco said. “We were puzzled why he was not re-signed. Now, we are holding practices on our own because local coaches cannot provide us with efficient training.”

PBC president Steve Hontiveros, however, said the matter can be resolved.

“I really don’t know about such matter,” Hontiveros said. “Wala pang nagre-report sa akin niyan at kung meron man, I’ll immediately do the necessary action.”

The PBC is one of several national sports associations (NSAs) cleared by the PSC of their cash advances. With a clean record, the PBC could request to hire a foreign coach, even Granger, anytime it decides so.

PSC chairman William “Butch” Ramirez, however, could not be reached despite several efforts by the Tribune last night. The PSC is responsible in keeping the athletes’ venue in tip-top shape and should keep tab with their allowances on time.

Another player, Chester King, meanwhile, said lack of sponsors to keep bowling afloat make them miss several important international tournaments.

“Supposedly, after winning the SEAG, there should have been more sponsors coming in to support us. Pero hindi nangyayari. Kanya-kanya pa din kami ng gastos for overseas training,” King said.

For comments about this website:Webmaster@tribune.net.ph
The Daily Tribune © 2006

SPORTS
RP bowling squad to resign en masse
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:30 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

wonder what happened with this...

"Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
Rannie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:02 pm  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

RP bowling turmoil

PBC dissolves coaching staff; Hontiveros on indefinite leave

By Julius Manicad

05/25/2006

The Philippine Bowling Congress’ Board of Officers on Tuesday has dissolved its coaching staff and forced its president, Steve Hontiveros, to take an indefinite leave of absence while it looks into the complaints of majority of its athletes, who have theatened to leave the national team if no major changes are introduced in the PBC.

The athletes have branded their Filipino coaches as “incompetent” and have asked Hontiveros to bring back Purvis Granger, the American coach responsible for the bowlers’ overall championship in the recent Southeast Asian Games. Filipino bowlers have won four gold medals in the SEAG.

The bowlers have also accused Hontiveros of ignoring their plea for better facilities and a more conducive training condition. At one point, Hontiveros even challenged them to quit the national team for good, only to deny his own statement before the board on Tuesday.

Hontiveros even claimed before this paper’s sports editor that he is in possession of a statement, supposedly signed by nine athletes, refuting the Tribune’s earlier stories on their threat to resign en masse.

“The athletes claimed they were misquoted,” said Hontiveros, to which CJ Suarez, acting as the athletes’ spokesperson, retorted: “There is no letter, and if ever we submitted one, it was about our complaints against the association.”

Hontiveros also claimed to have submitted himself to the board and “asked” PBC vice president Jaime Tychauco, to temporarily take over the group’s leadership as he takes a leave of absence. Hontiveros did not say when he is to reassume leadership of the PBC.

Tychauco will call an important meeting next week and will preside over the executive board meeting.

“The board acted swiftly on our petition for reform,” Suarez, the 27-year-old World Cup champion and Southeast Asian Games (SEAG) gold medalist, said. It was Suarez who led eight other members of the national squad to challenge Hontiveros’ leadership. “It was our own avenue to express our grievances. We’re so glad they finally listened to us.”

Other celebrated bowlers, such as Joonee Gatchalian, Biboy Rivera, Tyrone Ongpauco, Chester King, Elaine Florencio, Liza del Rosario, Irene Benitez and Jojo Canare comprised the nine signatories in the petition.

Coaches Johnson Cheng, Yap Kok Wee, Sixto Sengson and Manoy Sengson were all given the pink slip after athletes complained against their training system and for their failure to improve their skills while they are training for the coming Asian Games in Doha, Qatar.

“Right now, our main concern is to look for new coaches who could further improve our skills,” Suarez said.
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:31 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

yari... palitan na lang natin yung RP team...  Laughing

"Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
Rannie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:53 pm  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

apply tayo. ok ba avatar mo?  Smile
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:54 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

poging pogi avatar ko... parang star wars ang dating...

wag tayo mag apply ... baka ma sibak tayo... bawal daw mga...  Laughing

nonoy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:36 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

I think the RP bowling team really needs someone like us. Siguro after my training here in the states puwede na tayong mag apply. Bowlers like Me , Rannie , Powerpee and many more are all eligible to apply. kaya apply na.  He He HE HE (jole lang hindi tayo bagay sa mga P....T doon tayo sa mga P.....I) . God bless us all.
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:36 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

Pwede basta.... kasama ka he he

Rannie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:44 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

nonoy wrote (View Post):
I think the RP bowling team really needs someone like us. Siguro after my training here in the states puwede na tayong mag apply. Bowlers like Me , Rannie , Powerpee and many more are all eligible to apply. kaya apply na.  He He HE HE (jole lang hindi tayo bagay sa mga P....T doon tayo sa mga P.....I) . God bless us all.

oy, oy, oy! ba't nasama pangalan ko dyan? ala akong kasalanan dun. di ako ang pumatay!!  Laughing  kaya pag-uwi mo, yung sandamakmak na pasalubong mo sa akin eh itawag mo na agad para mapadala ko na agad yung trailer ko pagsundo sa yo. wag mo punuin masyado yung eroplano ha, lakas sa gas kasi pag masyado mabigat      
nonoy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:35 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

Thank you Bosing  Very Happy  , hayaan mo pag uwi ko dala ko maraming pasalubong .  Evil or Very Mad   Pero baka matagal pa ako uuwi hindi pa tapos training ko dito sa PBA (yabang ano , joke lang) . kaya ka kasama kasi balita ko magaling ka na raw magbowling,  you improved a lot, according to my informer.  Kidding aside I hope maayos na problema sa RP team sayang naman kung kailan sila nananalo saka naman nagkaproblema. ( ano ba talaga ang problema ? yung mga taong nasa PBC or lumaki lang ang mga ulo nito mga bowler natin) thank you again and see you soon Bosing. Surprised

***EDIT***

Font size changed (di magkasya sa monitor ko yung post mo  Laughing )
Rannie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:00 pm  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

kelan ngaaa??  Laughing
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:35 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

kelan uuwi yan? teka kelan ba election?  Laughing

nonoy mag praktis ka na... lahat sila dito gumagaling... yung mga low ballers gumagaling... yung mga high ballers humihina... sa tingin ko sa taiwan juice ng bowlingan...   Laughing

nonoy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:40 pm  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

[b] don't worry I'll be back in no time . I'm just finishing my bowling training here in the States at PBA bowling camp. (yabang  ano)   By the way sino sino na ba yung mga star bowlers diyan. I think they all deserve a recognition from the league .
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:20 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

let's see...

Bryan Tanlo
Kenneth Pe
Rannie Jugueta (gumaganda ang laro)
Chris Lim (may lagay sa laneman)

Laughing

nonoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:47 am  Post subject: Re: RP Bowling News Reply with quote

so those are the guys. how about you powerpee,  hindi ba your also one of them. don't be so humble my friend, I know your also one of the best. pero pag uwi ko kasama ako diyan he he he . Laughing  I know I'm out of  topic na pero I'll ask  na rin . Meron pa bang BnB vs PTBA this year ?  I hope meron pa sana. I think puwede kang mag ask sa mga  members kung gusto pa nila . Parang vote kung yes or no. Maybe I'll be back by that time. ok thank you and I'll wait for your answer. God bless you.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  General All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: