21. Guest
22. Guest
23. Guest
24. Guest
25. Guest
26. Guest
27. Guest
28. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2019 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION SCHEDULES OF TOURNAMENTS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am
benny View latest post
2019 PLAYDIUM BOWLING CENTER CALENDAR Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am
benny View latest post
17TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS JULY 6-14, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 am
benny View latest post
47TH MBA-SARIMANOK VALENTINE TENPIN BOWLING OPEN FEB 9-17 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 am
benny View latest post
2018 PLAYDIUM NOVEMBER MONTHLY WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 am
benny View latest post

Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:14 am  Post subject: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

AH eto malamang maraming nakakatawa dito...

Years before when Michael Jordan was still in the NBA he had some 'rituals' before his game. One was he always listen to music with his discman and the other was he wears undershorts (North Carolina)... and true enough the guy delivered everytime he stepped on the court.

When I was in New Jersey before I joined a league every saturday... gamit ko pang bag yung gawa ni Mang Berlin Clutario... sikat sya dun kasi ako lang naka ganon (my bowling bag was checked at the airport a couple of times kasi akala nila bomba ang laman eh may dalawang bowling balls dun)...

Anyway, I had a very good night one time and I traced back what happened before the game... kumain pala ako ng easter egg (chocolate covered egg)... since then before every game i ate an easter egg and, most of the time i played good.... adrenalin rush siguro hee hee...

When I went back here sa Pinas early '97, things changed kasi wala namang easter egg dito (:p)... I lost the 'ritual' that i did before sa Jersey.

Now... before a game (been doing this for a couple of years now) I usually say my prayers and thank the Lord for giving me a chance to step and compete with really good bowlers and I always tell him thanks for letting me perform to the best of my abilities... I always look up before that start of a game or I usually mumble, that's when I am saying thanks...

"Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
Cnd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

hi guys this is a delayed reply, but anyway topic is gud..here's my Ritual..

I visualize for 20reps!! (ows?) but siempre not most of the time..(sabi ni coach kasi, so visualize..hehehehe)..No kidding but your neurology will respond tot he repitition with amazing accuracy.
I see myself bowling perfect strikes..approach timing...uhhmmm, feels gud diba? looks gud too..
And most of all i give myself affirmation like " I luk gud with that strike i made "..
So far, effective pa naman..Smile

Never look up to or at competition. The legend, the star, the champion - is YOU, no different.
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

Cnd,

ok yan ah... Norm Duke once told me how he visualizes... he an imaginary grid line of the whole lane that he sees daw... then he calculates where he wants his ball to land and what path the ball will take...

That is a great visualization din Smile  guess it's been effective to him so far kasi top 10 Bowler sya hee hee

"Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
Cnd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:49 am  Post subject: Re: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

Wink hi...to others visualization are effective but sumtyms during the tournament nakklimutan mo na din..some factors maybe na ooverwhelmed na sa score, and when the activity becomes boring na.like nag high score ka na..
Others try to Cultivate the habit of setting a more challenging goal whenever it gets boring (sabi nila effective daw) or isn't holding their attention.
This builds in the element of challenge and will cause you to continually make your subject compelling and interesting.
Sabagay its the challenge of an opportunity that causes us to concentrate.
like me sumtyms..When I get overwhelmed, back off na ko on how hard i'm striving. In other words, I stay in the zone between too much challenge and too little challenge.
Well, let's visualize and see the shot we wanted to make....have a great bowl ahead... Cool  Wink

Never look up to or at competition. The legend, the star, the champion - is YOU, no different.
journe300

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:10 am  Post subject: Re: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

Stretching dapat especially those who are getting more mature  Laughing
Cnd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:54 am  Post subject: Re: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

Laughing yup,yup,yup..i agree..(peace.... joke lang guys..) Cool

fets

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

stretching & ordering a soda before d games. no soda no bowl  Another pint of beer

pero pag big games, great awesome sex the night before. helps me relaxes. 1 - 2 strikes lang or u wont have the legs the next day  Laughing
starz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Rituals (Preparations) Before A Game Reply with quote

haha:) Embarassed  pretty much the same as fets kung ala soda d talaga maka play ng magaling..Smile maybe sa sobrang init sa bowling alley never tried stretching I have an idea  I have an idea  I have an idea .. maybe i should.. haha might help me..
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  General All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: