23. Guest
24. Guest
25. Guest
26. Guest
27. Guest
28. Guest
29. Guest
30. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2020 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION TOURNAMENT SCHEDULES Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:21 am
benny View latest post
2019 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION SCHEDULES OF TOURNAMENTS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am
benny View latest post
2019 PSB OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS SEPT. 14-23, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am
benny View latest post
17TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS JULY 6-14, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 am
benny View latest post
47TH MBA-SARIMANOK VALENTINE TENPIN BOWLING OPEN FEB 9-17 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 am
benny View latest post

BOWLER OR THE BALL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:59 pm  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

i guess it depends on the oilings.  kasi kahit anong ganda ng bato mo pero hindi compatible yung ball mo sa oilings eh hindi rin sya papasok.
journe300

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:17 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

Well I have to say is that no matter how a good a ball is, it should compliment the bowler who throws it. Just like Master Angel he can adjust to all kinds of ball.  

Its' not the qty. that you have but the quality in your hand.
dabesbowlerindapilipins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:07 pm  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

suzanne,

kung hindi pumapasok ang bola, it may mean mali ang linya.
ex_faktor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:28 pm  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

Bowler and Ball
ex_faktor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:31 pm  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

Bowler and Ball, its complementary....
Angelo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:55 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

HAVE YOU READ THE ARTICLE OF BONG COO AT INQUIRER FEW DAYS AGO REGARDING SEA GAMES -  -   SHE SAID IT'S THE BALL THAT IS IMPORTANT THIS DAYS . . . ..    

PROBABLY SHE MEANS THAT SKILL IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT UNLIKE 20 YEARS AGO......   AGREE?

Sonny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:16 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

I read the article on Inquirer's Sports section where in both Paeng Nepomuceno and Bong Coo commented that today's more technologically advanced bowling balls had made it difficult to tell great bowlers and average bowlers apart and they also hinted that bowlers today has it easy compared to when they used rubber bowling balls, i can't say much on this 'cause hindi ko naabutan ung mga rubber balls but we can never conclude na nasa bola ang laro... i've seen bowlers with high performance balls who throws games around 100-120 (ako ata un) and bowlers whose good with any ball they use, even if it's just a house ball, it's true that ibang klase na talaga mga bola ngaun but the ball, for me, only plays its part when - and only when - the bowler is physically and mentally prepared! bowler muna...
journe300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:06 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

Well sorry to say i don't agree with that article, bec. balls presently turns and hits pin stronger but logically you have to adjust more often and find the right ball for you. unlike rubber not much turn so if you have a line (smile ka na lang ng smile).
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:46 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

Completely disagree with what Bong Coo says. Bowling balls and lanes adapt to technology. The newer balls in today's market sells because of innovation. A company like Storm sells a lot of balls because of the way the company innovates. Remember the balls with the scents? They are only good for keeping your bowling bags and lockers smelling fresh, aside from that they are worthless.

New coverstocks, modified cores, etc. helps give us an edge over the technology of yesterday but the fact is, even giving the best equipment to the worst bowler will not garner that person winnings. A guy who used to play in playdium before scored a perfect game using a spare ball...

best equipment + poor bowler = poor performance
average equipment + Class O bowler = good performance

Having the right kind of ball to play on the right kind of lane condition, with the right kind of layout and drilling will get results.

Having all of the above and a competent bowler will get better results.

"Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
journe300

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:01 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

That's right boss powerpee, Well maybe they're jealous of what we have now that's why they commented like that.

Its' not the qty. that you have but the quality in your hand.  
fets

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

i think it's the bowler's balls. bowlers who got the balls bowls better.

ako d pantay balls ko. got a 14 lbs & 12 lbs, i change balls in between games. kaya im very inconsistent w/ my games
Tye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

IMHO, I think its still the bowler. Yes todays bowling balls have more hitting power, and have more hook, but if we all get into a time machine and bring all our "new" equipment to say, the 1960's, I think even the best class O bowler here would have a hard time beating the best bowler in that era.

The reason in my opinion, is the lane conditions. The more hook we make due to the latest agressive coverstocks, the more the lane maintenance people have to keep up. Don't forget that we also come up with new lane patterns and oil viscosities to keep up with the bowling balls!
So here we are, in 1960, with the latest hook particle whathaveyou monster, going up against the best bowler in that era, with a rubber ball, on FLAT lane conditions, with around the units of oil we usually see on the backends today, who do you think would be at a disadvantage? Same result if we bring the 1960 bowler back to our time.

All eras have diffrent bowling styles, equipment, and lane conditions, so comparing the bowers today to the past is unfair. The only way we could judge if a bowler is good, in any era, is his consistency and shot repetition irregardless of style.
Equipment is irrelevant. Everyone can use the same ball technology at the given time, and have varying results. The weapons we use evolve in time, but its still the same indian pulling the string on the arrow.
fets

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

what am trying to say is the bowler's balls not his bowling balls  Laughing . sa bowler pa rin ako  Smile
fets

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

defenitely the bowler. just proven it earlier. just before playing my qualifying series for the open. i was already planning to buy a new ball soon. even asked angelo w/c types of ball will best suit for my style of play. reretire ko na dapat 7 yr. old chaos ko. who would have thouht i bowled a 246. it might not be much for a lot of you guys but it's my personal best.

i love playdium & i love my old chaos  Very Happy
rgm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:14 am  Post subject: Re: BOWLER OR THE BALL? Reply with quote

kaya pala
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  General All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: