18. Guest
19. Guest
20. Guest
21. Guest
22. Guest
23. Guest
24. Guest
25. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2018 PLAYDIUM NOVEMBER MONTHLY WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:34 am
benny View latest post
10TH PLAYDIUM INTECLUB MINI OPEN NOVEMBER 7-10, 2018 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 4 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 am
benny View latest post
2018 PLAYDIUM ELIMINATOR CHALLENGE NOVEMBER WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 1 Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:34 am
benny View latest post
2ND PBF PHILIPPINE NATIONAL OPEN NOVEMBER 10-18, 2018 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:47 am
benny View latest post
2018 PLAYDIUM ELIMINATOR CHALLENGE OCTOBER WINNERS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 6 Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:27 am
benny View latest post

For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> Classified Ads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badkarma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:27 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

I´m selling my slightly used Men size 9.5 Black ABS bowling shoes. All cleats, sliders and heels are complete. Comes with all accessories like individual shoe bag, and 1 shoe protector of the slide shoe. Asking price is P4,500 pesos. let me know if anyone is interested.
Angelo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:34 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

good price, wala bang 8.5 jan

badkarma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:26 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

Walang 8.5 eh. This is my shoes that I haven´t been using very much, kaya I decided to sell them nlng. Any takers? Shoes looks like new!
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:33 am  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

To Everyone in the Forum

I am not too sure if this is the place to bring this one up, but here goes.

We talk of fast and slow lanes but not too much (if at all) about slow and fast approaches. I once read a book "Strike Power" by Dave Davis of the PBA, wherein he mentions that pro bowlers carry several pairs of shoes to deal with this problem.

I asked Coach Angelo about this and he could not elaborate because he dealt with it by shortening his slide. He is therefore not bothered by tacky approaches. But there are medium sliders like me and long sliders like my wife. We are susceptible to the effects of tacky approaches. Talcum powder helps but it is not a very efficient solution. If we buy another pair of shoes each, there is really no way to check how the new ones will slide till we use them.

Do any of you have such problems ? How do you deal with this ?

Jaws
HammerHead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:34 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

Hi Jorge,

I have also had this problem before with the slide. My slide is very important to me , eventhough its a short slide. It helps me release the ball properly and make me throw or execute better shots when I have the proper slide. I guess you can say that the slide is very important as it is also as part of what we usually call our "timing". With out my proper slide, I can´t really get on the ball or release it cleanly.

There is no way of knowing how the shoes will slide, but with the variety of slide soles that the Dexter and ABS shoes have. I´m sure that you will be able to find the proper combination for the amount of slide that you need for the proper approach.

I personally carry two types of shoes as I have indicated that my slide is a big key to my game and timing. There is nothing more frustrating that moving to a different lane during a tournament and fiding out that the approach is not the same as the pair of lanes that you just came from.

If you really want to know more about bowling shoes before you buy them. I suggest you ask some or your bowling buddies who have the shoes and ask for their opinions.

Hope this helps.
Jorge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:08 am  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

Hammerhead -

Thanks for the advice. We will look around and ask about these kinds of shoes that you mentioned.

Jaws
blackcloud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:10 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

dexter has the SST - 4 , 5, 6, and now 7. go to dexter.com . there is a video with david ozio explaining how to choose the correct slide soles for these shoes.
dabesbowlerindapilipins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:29 am  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

jorge,

fyi, using powder inside the bowlers´ pit is not allowed during tournaments. also, it is not safe to use it on your sliding shoe. you might cause harm to yourself and/or to others.
Jorge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

Black Cloud

Thanks for the tip. I saw the website and the video. Now I have to find a local supplier to see what is available here. It would seem that a pair of such shoes would cost as much as a mid price bowling ball.

Jaws
Jorge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:03 am  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

Dabes

Yes, I remember a long time ago when the lanemen were reprimanding us for putting talcum powder on the approach. Also, there was a time when we came upon a set of lanes wherein the previous players overused powder. We had a difficult time with the slick conditions and ended up wiping off the excess powder from the approach.

Today, we use the powder more for our thumbholes when the alley temperature and humidity is high. Of course, a little bit for the sliding shoe helps wehn the approaches are sticky. We never put it directly on the approach, and are careful not to use too much so as to cause injury to others. I guess we know now that we cannot do this in an official tourney, if ever we do compete. Pwede pa naman sa in-house leagues.

One day soon we will have to get Dexter or ABS shoes to solve the problem as Hammerhead and Black Cloud have suggested. Thanks for the info.

Jaws
Jorge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:04 am  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

Dabes

Yes, I remember a long time ago when the lanemen were reprimanding us for putting talcum powder on the approach. Also, there was a time when we came upon a set of lanes wherein the previous players overused powder. We had a difficult time with the slick conditions and ended up wiping off the excess powder from the approach.

Today, we use the powder more for our thumbholes when the alley temperature and humidity is high. Of course, a little bit for the sliding shoe helps wehn the approaches are sticky. We never put it directly on the approach, and are careful not to use too much so as to cause injury to others. I guess we know now that we cannot do this in an official tourney, if ever we do compete. Pwede pa naman sa in-house leagues.

One day soon we will have to get Dexter or ABS shoes to solve the problem as Hammerhead and Black Cloud have suggested. Thanks for the info.

Jaws
dabesbowlerindapilipins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:41 am  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

putting powder, even a little bit, is not a good idea. you can cause accident because the powder will be on the approach when you step. if you want to have more slide, use teflon. you can buy teflon round thingies in your favorite pro-shop. they are more effective and safer than powder.

we are off-topic =)
blackcloud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:55 am  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

ok before i go back to the topic, you bowlers need to refer to your PBC rules about the use of powder on the approach. here in the states, it is frowned upon by bowlers as well as the USBC. there are repercussions for violating the powder issue.
as for the ABS shoes, sell it on ebay, post an ad in the centers you bowl. and add a picture of the shoes you are selling. what good does it do to rely on your word alone? especially these days.
Jorge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:52 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

Dabes

Thanks for the tip. I will look for the Teflon stuff. It will probably do while we look for switchable sole/heel shoes.

Jaws
blackcloud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:48 pm  Post subject: For Sale slightly used ABS bowling shoes Reply with quote

have you tried using old socks?
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  Classified Ads All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: