18. Guest
19. Guest
20. Guest
21. Guest
22. Guest
23. Guest
24. Guest
25. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2019 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION SCHEDULES OF TOURNAMENTS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:46 am
benny View latest post
2019 PLAYDIUM BOWLING CENTER CALENDAR Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 am
benny View latest post
2019 PSB OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS SEPT. 14-23, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:30 am
benny View latest post
17TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS JULY 6-14, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:15 am
benny View latest post
47TH MBA-SARIMANOK VALENTINE TENPIN BOWLING OPEN FEB 9-17 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:34 am
benny View latest post

A little confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> ASK THE COACH!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowlgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:51 am  Post subject: A little confused Reply with quote

Hi. I was practicing last Sunday night at Playdium and I was analysing my shot. I found my shot here not too different from my shot at Bowling Inn. (which really surprised me since the Inn is so different from here)

I roll my ball past the 12th on a straight path towards the 10th board marker at the backend but it never really gets there. My skid ends early and it hooks in usually leaving a 10, 7, or even a 5. It got me thinking maybe my ball is rolling out since it didn´t skid long enough.

Is this a correct assumption? If it is, will switching to a 4x4 layout be enough? Or do I need another ball that matches Playdium? BTW, I used a Speed Demon drilled pin 3 3/8, CG to grip center, no x-hole. Its my benchmark ball.

Twas better to have bowled and lost than to have never bowled at all...
Angelo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:35 pm  Post subject: A little confused Reply with quote

Hi bowlgeek,
probably the lanes are a bit dry for you at the time you practiced, we normally dress the lanes at around lunch time that makes your ball roll out. one alternative is to change ball to a weaker one, i suggest a pearlized one to give your ball more energy when it reaches the pocket.
here´s a tip for playdium lanes, when the lanes dry up, use somewhere 15th to 20th board where the oil stays longer because less bowlers use this area. i played the monthly finals last sunday and everybody is using track shot between 8th to 12th board and i just keep on hitting low 200´s and when i switched to 18th board, i pulled away and shot 230´s. FYI, we switched to AMF conditioner coz we run out of stock of Brunswick, AMF is not that durable and lane dry up so early that you need to adjust after your first game or earlier.

If you are not comfortable using the inside shot, try using it during practice so when competition comes, you can use it as plan B.

hope i answered your questions, thank you for posting! Happy bowling!!!

Eugene

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:10 am  Post subject: A little confused Reply with quote

coach, if you say adjust to the 15th to the 20th board, now how does that equate to the adjustment I need to take on my stance? Do I need to or not? Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:50 am  Post subject: A little confused Reply with quote

Eugene,
yes you have to adjust the stance if you move your target, check the other post, i explained it there, thanks for posting!

bowlgeek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:38 pm  Post subject: A little confused Reply with quote

Yes, I guess I met up with dried up lanes. I played that Sunday night after you guys were done. But I also played that deep. I just didn´t think it was right coz my ball lost its angle towards the pocket. Maybe my release was wrong for playing that deep. It only means one thing. MORE PRACTICE!! Lol. Thanks.

bowlgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:15 pm  Post subject: A little confused Reply with quote

My weaker ball would be an old Rhino, and I don´t thing it will give the backend reaction I´m looking for.

I´ve been experiencing roll out way too frequently with my Demon. (So imagine when I get to use my proactive, NEVER!) Would polishing it help or should I change layout altogether? Or both?

BTW, will polishes lessen backend reacton as well? Coz I´ve been getting 2 contrasting yet logical theories. One being that polishes add skid and lessen hook since the surface has less grip. Another is that polishes add skid saving energy for more hook at the backend. Which is which?

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  ASK THE COACH! All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: