08. Guest
09. Guest
10. Guest
11. Guest
12. Guest
13. Guest
14. Guest
15. Guest

Forum Index  •   Search  •   Usergroups  •   Edit your profile  •   Members  •   Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Staff  •   Forum FAQ  •   Log in

Search for at
Playdium Bowling Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BNB TOURNAMENTS RESULTS PAGE Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions Rannie 0 Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 pm
powerpee View latest post
2020 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION TOURNAMENT SCHEDULES Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:21 am
benny View latest post
2019 PHILIPPINE BOWLING FEDERATION SCHEDULES OF TOURNAMENTS Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am
benny View latest post
2019 PSB OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS SEPT. 14-23, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am
benny View latest post
17TH PTBA-CROWN PIPES OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS JULY 6-14, 2019 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 am
benny View latest post
47TH MBA-SARIMANOK VALENTINE TENPIN BOWLING OPEN FEB 9-17 Tournaments / Leagues / Competitions benny 0 Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 am
benny View latest post

Game ka ba?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Playdium Bowling Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:46 pm  Post subject: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

in every competition, there are winners and of course there are also non winners, and also there are what we call LOSERS.... the reason i say non-winners, they are the people who accepted their defeat and learned and will do better next time....and LOSERS are the people who participated and competed pero yun pala can't accept defeat or lose, in short napikon kasi TALO....  di ba totoo mga friends...well, i lost a lot in many competition but of course i learned a lot and practice my weaknesses after that,  in every defeat - success will follow ... but in some people, they can find a way to make PALUSOT, COMPLAIN, or even BLAME OTHERS, hey hey hey .....well there's something wrong with that and that is ATTITUDE...if you have this Bad Attitude, better not join in any kind of contest or .sa kahit na anong competition, whether bowling or any contest...you should be ready to win and lalo na you should also be ready to lose...kaya nga contest eh...may panalo, may talo.... so people.... dont be a sore loser otherwise masmaraming magagalit around you....isports lang mga chong....

kaya dapat lagi kang GAME!!!!!  have a gud day to all!!!!

powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:47 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

In my humble opinion, one is never to blame the lane condition whenever one loses a contest. It is always the bowlers and not the lanes... never the lanes...

Losing is part of the game and because of this helps develop one's personal skills both physically and mentally. Imagine a bowler always winning and never loses, kaka walang gana na maglaro siguro baka mag patin tero na lang yun... :p

If we lose, it means that we should re evaluate what we did, how we performed, and practice to improve our games for the next competition...

If we win, then we should go after bigger challenges to help improve ourselves... I would rather have a 0 hdcp than a 50 hdcp... at least pag 0 ka alam nila mahusay ka and not to be taken lightly...

"Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:40 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

To add... even the best of the best loses ...

and people should also learn to control their temper whenever they play. a very good friend of mine (when he was starting to play) often flare up whenever he gets a bad shot. He will either curse or he will frown after a bad shot... I often tell him that bowling is 40% skill and 60% mental.

You can have the best skills in the world but if your mental game is low then you will not win a lot of contests.

It took him a couple of years to learn to control his temper and eventually he did, and happy to say that he is now a very good and high caliber bowler...

"Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
nonoy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

tama kayong dalawa diyan. Ako during my early years in bowling always at the bottom of the list, never akong nananalo but OK lang since weather weather lang naman yan di ba . Parating gastos pero OK pa rin since I'm enjoying I really don't care what some people told me ( kasi yung iba sinasabi mag iba na lang ako ng sport they don't encourage me to do better next time kaya hindi ko pinapansin ) kasi ako naman ang gumagastos sa laro ko. Pero now dahil sa tiyaga and right attitude I achieved what most bowler what to achieve. I thanks my coach Angel and now Norman. Kaya Kung gusto ninyong gumaling enrol kayo sa bowling class ni Angelo Constantino and Norman Gonzales you won't regret it I assure you , it's really worth it.
journe300

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:26 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Hey Bosses you are indeed correct. Cursing (been there) frowning (been there) kicking the floor (been there may sukli pa sprained my knee) if we are always like these we will be cursed by other for the simple reason we are affecting others game too. ( ano ang akala mo ikaw lang ang taong naglalaro)   If you stretch your patience you will learn a lot more on how to adjust instead of blowing up & doing weird and crazy scenes.

Just an advice from somebody who has been there. People will like to play with you if you don't react violently or crazy things and to top that they might share some tips which might be very helpful and useful for your game. Make yourself be loved by friends & people ...not hated. Brave N Bold.

Its' not the qty. that you have but the quality in your hand.
winnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:50 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Guys, when we see others do their tantrums, are you affected or do you take advantage of his/her weaknesses? Because when you see somebody show their anger during competition, this is a good sign that he/she is not playing good, right?  So for myself, i take this as an opportunity,i don't take this negatively, well that's a good angle that we should see if we see players like this, ryt ryt?
Angelo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:10 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Well, that's exactly right winnie... transforming negative things to positive... may isang incident din in one of my tournaments i joined, few yers agon in MTBA open, Joonie is making a rally on the other side of the center and kept on screaming and shouting and cheering for his game, in short he is pumping his game up,  -  a lot of bowlers caught his attention and was affected by his game strategy - it is not illegal though - i admit i was also affected but what i did - i watched him, appreciated and bowl like him too - so dalawa na kami nagsisigawan sa lane - that tournament became a comedy - naging paligsahan ng sigaw at body english - so diba? pero yung iba napikon din at nagcomplain - asar talo lang naman ang sport- kapag naasar ka - talo ka na for sure . . . . korek?

powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:59 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Journe300... well said...
Nonoy... tama ka din...

Winnie, a smart bowler will definitely turn that to his/her advantage... someone who starts to panic or show anger in the middle of the competition will have a difficult time to play very well... because their mental game will also start to drop and they will not be able to concentrate on their game.

On the other hand, watch how low bowlers play... a good example is Josie Jose of BnB. She has an average of 150 and has been with the club for 3 years... sometimes she plays pretty well but most of the time she plays average or even less. Never have I seen her (in her 3 years) show any signs of anger, panic, tantrums, etc.

She is always calm and cool. If she plays a good game she just smiles... if she plays a bad game she also smiles. Why? Because she knows that bowling is like (to reiterate what nonoy said) 'weather weather' lang...

There are times you are going to play really good... and there are times your game will really go down... and when this happens, just evaluate your performance, do an analysis of what you did right and compare it with what you are doing wrong right now and then filter out the mistakes...

Then keep on practicing... you will surely improve... Smile

blackrain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:57 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I am sure that at one time or another you must have watched Bruce Lee's Hollywood blockbuster Enter the Dragon.  About winning and losing, the best words I ever heard said about the topic were delivered by actor Shih Kien, playing the villain of the movie, Han, to actor Jim Kelly, playing brash and arrogant black karate expert Williams. He said :

We are all ready to win, just as we are born, knowing only life.  It is defeat that we must learn to prepare for ....

I guess that sums it all up.  Good day to all !!!
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Blackrain,

good memory... I've seen that movie several times and i could not remember that part... kasama sa SGOA... sign of old age... :p

blackrain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Boss Peewee,

The words were said in the scene where Han accuses Williams of snooping around the night before and beating up some of his guards (actually it was Bruce Lee who did it).  After that Han beats up and kills Williams with his fake iron hand.

As for the memory, I vaguely remembered the words, so I had to watch it again to get the exact vocabulary.  Medyo mahilig ako sa movies, particularly action and sci-fi, so it is easier for me to remember details like those.
powerpee
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:32 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

Blackrain,

ha ha ha... now I remember... yung scene lang hee hee... ako maka comedy and sci fi and action din...

berthow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

tama nga kyo mga bossing........kaya angel dpat may malaki kang reminder na no kicking sa ballreturn........bato bato sa langit tamaan wag magalit......lahat tyo pwde magbgay ng opinion dto....hahahhaahaha.... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
journe300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:17 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

O sana gumawa yung brunswick na pag sinipa mo  hahatiin yung ball mo hehehe Razz
gEnOs@iD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:26 am  Post subject: Re: Game ka ba? Reply with quote

pero sa tingin ko may times na hindi talaga maiiwasang mainis...
(based on a true story...mine...)
sa tingin ko eh ok lang yan...emotions yan eh...
di dapat pinipigil at baka tayo mautot...
pero limitado lang ang pwede mong kainisan:

1. Bawal mainis sa ka-lane o kalaro - walang silang kinalaman sa laro mo. Wala silang karapatang supalpalin ang bola mo pag papasok na sa pocket so hindi nila kasalanan. Wala ring box-out plays sa bowling.
Kung matagal/mabilis sya tumira, hindi dapat ito makaapekto sa laro mo dahil kasama sa laro ang sabayan ang "sparring partner" mo.

2. Bawal mainis sa lane - ang lane ay isang maze. Kelangan mo alamin kung saan dapat dadaan ang bola para makalabas sa "1-3 exit". Hindi dapat mainis kapag lagi na lang napupunta sa "dead-end". Trial and error din ang lane paminsan-minsan.

3. Bawal mainis sa bola - una sa lahat, ikaw ang bumili nyan. Hindi mo pwedeng sabihing walang kwenta yung bola dahil para mo na ring sinabing walang kwenta yung pumili nyan.

4. Bawal mainis sa approach - kasama sa obstacles yan...a.k.a. extension nung maze. Maraming nang nilikhang equipment para matulungan kang solusyonan ang maze na ito, gaya ng sliders.

5. Bawal mainis sa foul line - ...dahil ang foul sa bowling ay hindi kasing sakit ng foul sa basketball.

6. Bawal mainis sa ball return - hindi nya kasalanan kung bakit hindi ka maka-score. Magsauli na nga lang ng bola ang ginagawa nya, sisipain mo pa. Pag ginalit mo yan, kakaiinin nya ang bola mo at isasauli sa iyo na puro "kagat" na...

7. Bawal maiinis sa surroundings - hindi kasalanan ng aircon ang mababa mong score. Maraming pwedeng gawin kung napansing lumalaki/lumiliit ang thumb o nagpapawis ang kamay. Hindi rin kasalanan ng libo-libong "fans" sa likod mo (o sa likod ng ka-lane mo) kung nadidistract ka. "Concentration"? anyone? Ugaling mag-concentrate kapag weekdays, at saka pag weekends.

"Conquer the lanes. Do not let the lanes conquer you. For best results, conquer the lane with your ball." --> Words of the gEnOs@iD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Playdium Bowling Forum Index ->  General All times are UTC - 5 Hours [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: